An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Audit Manager to join our friendly team based in Poole, Dorset. We are looking for an ambitious individual to initially report to the relevant RI but with a view to achieving RI status within the near future.
Working a 37.5 hour week you can expect a good work/life balance, and on the occasions where overtime is required this will be paid.
Hybrid working is available and you will receive 25 days holiday pa + bank holidays.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- To be approachable to members of the audit team and to lead by example.
- Able to clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.
- Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team.
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship and foster this within the audit team.
- Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the relevant RI and provide support where required.
- Have sound technical knowledge of UK auditing and accounting standards and taxation.
- The ability to step up to the RI role.
- To initially work closely with the relevant RI in the planning and tailoring of the audit approach based on the risk assessment for the audit assignment.
- To support and guide the audit team to address the identified audit risks and to ensure effective, efficient testing so that an audit opinion can be formed.
- To maintain and develop technical ability and be the point of reference for the audit team with regard to technical queries.
- To provide the relevant RI of the audit assignment with files for review which address the risks identified at the planning stage as well as any additional risks identified during the fieldwork.
- To plan the audit work to be undertaken to be effective and efficient in order to maintain budgets.
- To lead, develop and manage an effective audit team.
- To the RI informed of any issues that may arise with the client.
- To provide effective feedback for the audit client in respect of their accounting systems.
We are a mid-sized accountancy practice based in Poole, Dorset, providing complete accountancy solutions to our growing client base. Our office is close to local amenities with good transport links to Bournemouth, Southampton and surrounding areas with parking available.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com